You can obtain your visa on arrival or you can apply for the visa online at least 3 days before travel. These are the 2 easiest and most convenient ways to obtain a visa.
We recommend getting the East Africa tourist visa ($100).
An East Africa Tourist Visa is a multiple-entry visa within the three countries and shall be valid for 90 days. Applications for this visa can be lodged at any of the diplomatic representation (embassies) of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration Offices of the respective countries or online where applicable.
To apply & pay for the visa online please visit the website below;
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Have at least 2 blank pages.
- Yellow Fever vaccination card or a Yellow Fever card.
Anyone traveling to Uganda is required to travel with or have a yellow vaccine card, though it is optional for Rwanda it is recommended to have in case you may travel to other countries in Africa that would require it.
The yellow fever vaccine is available at many drug stores such as CVS and Walgreen’s, or at your local doctor’s office by order.
Please visit the Center for Deceases Control (CDC)’s website for more info; https://www.cdc.gov/yellowfever/vaccine/index.html.
For locations near you, please see the following CDC link.
Information on Rwanda;
- It is safe to travel to Rwanda and everyone is generally treated with respect. It is important to know that “plastic bags” are banned in the country,
so it is advised to use paper bags instead. https://www.worldtravelguide.net/guides/africa/rwanda/
- Credit cards (Visa and MasterCard) are generally accepted in most places. Hotels and some restaurants do accept American Express.
If you plan to buy gifts or shop in Rwanda, the U.S dollar is usually accepted but you can exchange dollars to Rwanda Francs (local currency).
Information on Kenya:
- One of Africa’s largest economies, ranked the 5th largest economy in Africa by Forbes, coming ahead of Ghana and many oil producing countries.
- Capital city: Nairobi, is known as one of Africa’s most vibrant cities with a lot of entertainment to offer and technological advancement, include some
of the most advanced and one of the least expensive Uber services. https://www.worldtravelguide.net/guides/africa/kenya/
- Kenya is also possesses the most advanced mobile payment technology M-Pesa, and you could purchase items or pay for services with credit cards.
However you could also exchange currencies at the airport if you wish you to tip, buy gifts or small things while in Kenya.
Information on Ethiopia:
Ethiopia is not officially part of East Africa, therefore will require a visa on arrival. It is very easy to travel to Ethiopia and the country with the 2nd largest airline in Africa with many direct flights to Europe and the U.S.
Copyright © 2019 IGN Consultants, ltd - All Rights Reserved.
By IGN Educational Consultants, ltd